Working Student in the Compliance Department (f/m/d)
Berlin / Headquarters
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a motivated and well-structured student with an appetite for legal and compliance related activities to support our Compliance officer in her role.
What we offer you
- Growth and learning – senior professionals in their field will engage with you, giving you insights into the workings of the entire organisation. So, roll up your sleeves, put your skills into practice and get stuff done!
- Project ownership – this is the chance to up your game and own your own success! In our offices, you’re not a drop in the ocean: you’ll be listened to and your initiatives nurtured
- Healthy teamwork – drive the business forward in a supportive environment, giving your input and galvanising your colleagues while you bring out the best in each other
- Diversity: intellectual as well as cultural – join a welcoming international team of smart and open-minded people, where it’s easy to make friends
- A Personal Development Plan, along with access to dedicated resources to ensure that you can be the best in your role
- Work-family-friends balance – we listen to our employees’ individual needs. Explore some of the additional benefits at the top of our website’s Careers page
What you bring on board
Compliance is at the heart of every healthy regulated financial service provider and the right candidate will understand the legal duties of financial institutions by connecting all business units here at CrossLend.
- Academic track record in Business or Law with a strong focus on finance and banking
- Fluency in English and German
- A good understanding of banking and finance
- Keen interest in legal, compliance and regulatory topics and looking to further this knowledge
- Ambition to make a career and a positive impact within the financial field
- Roll-up your sleeves mentality and ability to work independently
- Meticulous style of work and a strong eye for detail
- Experienced user of the Microsoft Office package
- Communication skills
Why do we need you
- Adapt to different topics from time to time such as General Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering, New Product Process, Business Continuity, Internal Control System and Risk Management
- Support periodic internal reviews to ensure that compliance procedures are followed
- Assess company operations whilst analysing business processes to determine compliance risks
- Support the creation of written policies and procedures related to compliance activities
- Prepare compliance, AML and risk reports
- Maintain documentation of compliance activities such as regulatory gap analyses including follow-ups
- Prepare employee training slides on compliance related topics from the ground up
Who are we
CrossLend is a digital debt marketplace with a mission to make the European lending and investment ecosystem more efficient, transparent and profitable.
By means of an innovative securitisation solution, CrossLend seamlessly connects originator supply with institutional investor demand, creating uniquely flexible, beneficial opportunities for both. With lenders empowered to lend more and investors able to deploy their capital more efficiently, liquidity is available to flow where it is needed, helping fund Europe’s real economy: a win-win-win situation for all.
Backed by an array of prestigious equity investors from Europe and the U.S., including Lakestar, CME Ventures, Earlybird, ABN AMRO’s Digital Impact Fund, solarisBank and the Luxembourg Future Fund, CrossLend plans to establish a European Debt Exchange.