Senior Backend Developer (f/m/d)
Berlin / Headquarters
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a highly skilled backend developer with a deep experience in PHP, especially with Symfony and Zend frameworks. As a new member of the backend team, you will work at the gateway between Business Intelligence and Frontend, one of the most important of our technological structure.
What we offer you
- Be part of a growing team making fast decisions, where you can watch your ideas and actions come to fruition. This is what adds up to time well-spent – not mere billable hours
- Creative ownership – drive the business forward with your ideas, launch projects from the ground up and see them through from inception to completion, giving your input and galvanising your colleagues while you bring out the best in each other
- An opportunity to be the change you want to see: at CrossLend you can use your skills to not only make a good living, but to enhance the transparency of the financial ecosystem
- Diversity: intellectual as well as cultural – join a welcoming international team of smart and open-minded people, where it’s easy to make friends
- A Personal Development Plan, along with access to dedicated resources to ensure that you can be the best in your role
- Work-family-friends balance – step off the treadmill and feel like a human again: our office is all about maintaining a healthy balance between a results-driven work environment and your all-around wellbeing
What you bring on board
- While you have a deep knowledge of PHP, you constructively use other languages to solve specific problems.
- Experience working in Agile teams
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in creating / maintaining APIs
- Good knowledge of Linux systems and an extremely strong experience with MySQL
- Familiarity with Docker/Docker Compose setups
- A natural interest in keeping code-coverage high, so you don’t have to waste time repairing bugs
- An awareness of SOLID principles and familiarity with their application
- In-depth, up-to-date knowledge of new technology/patterns
- Familiarity with ‘event sourcing’, ‘CQRS’, ‘GraphQL’ and ‘REST’
Why do we need you
In your role you will:
- Plan, realise and maintain scalable applications for financial services
- Engage with the product throughout the entire lifecycle
- Work closely together with the product owners in dedicated Agile teams to ship useful, stable, and well tested software
- Support your colleagues and team members, working collaboratively and sharing knowledge in pair-programming sessions and code-reviews
- Design and implement third-party integrations and provide well-structured APIs
- Work closely together with DevOps to set up and maintain infrastructure, CI/CD pipelines and a range of automated tests
- Monitor code-metrics and care about them
Who are we
CrossLend is a digital debt marketplace with a mission to make the European lending and investment ecosystem more efficient, transparent and profitable.
By means of an innovative securitisation solution, CrossLend seamlessly connects originator supply with institutional investor demand, creating uniquely flexible, beneficial opportunities for both. With lenders empowered to lend more and investors able to deploy their capital more efficiently, liquidity is available to flow where it is needed, helping fund Europe’s real economy: a win-win-win situation for all.
Backed by an array of prestigious equity investors from Europe and the U.S., including Lakestar, CME Ventures, Earlybird, ABN AMRO’s Digital Impact Fund, solarisBank and the Luxembourg Future Fund, CrossLend plans to establish a European Debt Exchange.