Engineering Manager – Web API (f/m/d)
Berlin / Headquarters
Who we are looking for
A team lead for the API-Backend and Frontend Development, driving its technical strategy and roadmap with a hands-on mentality and an entrepreneurial mindset
What we offer
Be part of a growing team making fast decisions, where you can watch your ideas and actions come to fruition. This is what adds up to time well-spent – not mere billable hours.
- Creative ownership – drive the business forward with your ideas, launch projects from the ground up and see them through from inception to completion, giving your input and galvanising your colleagues while you bring out the best in each other.
- An opportunity to be the change you want to see: at CrossLend you can use your skills to not only make a good living, but to enhance the transparency of the financial ecosystem.
- Diversity: intellectual as well as cultural – join a welcoming international team of smart and open-minded people, where it’s easy to make friends.
- A Personal Development Plan, along with access to dedicated resources to ensure that you can be the best in your role.
- Work-family-friends balance – step off the treadmill and feel like a human again: our office is all about maintaining a healthy balance between a results-driven work environment and your all-around wellbeing.
What you will do
In our agile setup, based on the Spotify model, you will be the technical owner for our internal and external APIs as well as for the frontend. While your team members are working in cross-functional, feature-oriented squads, you will align the technical and personal development across squads.
You make sure that each member of your chapter
is empowered and has a strong sense of ownership
- has 1 on 1 meetings on a regular base
- has a personal development plan to learn and grow (we have an educational budget)
- understands the product and the company goals
You will lead architectural meetings and take decisions in order to ensure the software which is built is architecturally consistent and of high quality. You will work with the product managers to define and prioritise technical tasks. As a coach and mentor for the developers you will train, pair-program and help with code reviews.
What you bring on board
3+ years experience with managing engineering teams
- 3+ years of prior experience writing production code
- Experience in API design and microservice architecture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Passionate about fostering good engineering practices and processes
You have been a developer in projects using Symfony and/or Flask
- You have been a developer in projects using React, Angular and/or Vue.js
- Developed or managed teams that built APIs at scale
- You have maintained a public API over multiple years
- Domain knowledge in the financial sector
- Communication level skills in German
What we are doing
CrossLend is developing a platform to connect institutional sellers (originators) and buyers (investors) of loans on a large scale. Originators are providing historical data that are used to create prediction models. Based on the predictions, investors can run several types of analytics to define their investment criteria. Once an investment is done, the platform will be fed with updates about the loan performance to provide further portfolio analysis. This enables a high transparency for the investors to prevent crashes like 2008. In an additional step, the purchased loans can be resold on the platform to create a liquid market for loans to enable a better flow of capital between countries in the European Union.