Berlin / Headquarters
Who we’re looking for
An appetite for process optimisation. As a controller, you strive for greater business efficiency. You will take ownership for our reporting and reconciliation activities, automate processes and improve our current way of reporting, collecting and handling our financial data. You have the desire and determination to succeed in a fast-paced challenging environment.
What we offer you
- Really make your time matter: we are a growing team making fast decisions – your actions will have an impact
- Drive the business forward with your ideas – launch projects from the ground and see them through from inception to completion, giving your input and galvanising your colleagues while you bring out the best in each other
- Be the change you want to see: at CrossLend you can use your skills to not only make a good living, but to enhance the transparency of the financial ecosystem
- Join a welcoming international team of smart and open-minded people, where it’s easy to make friends
- Develop your skills: our personal development plan includes dedicated resources to ensure you have all the tools you need to evolve.
Step off the treadmill and be a human again: our office is all about a healthy work-life balance, with an emphasis on results
What you bring on board
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in financial management, economics, accounting or a related field of study
- Fluent English
- Outstanding analytical skills paired with a keen eye for detail
- Accounting and financial reporting skills and a strong ability to communicate your findings to business partners
- At least 3 years of relevant experience as a financial controller in a similar role (ideally in a fast-paced environment)
- Experience working with finance data in a financial institution back office or in cash management department of large organisations
- Financial modelling skills and a deep interest in data warehousing projects
- Ideally experience with different debt asset classes (consumer, SME, invoice, mortgages)
- Strong Excel skills
Why do we need you
- As a Controller, you are the operational contact for our investors, auditors and corporate service providers and will act as the contact person for any queries which might arise
- To be a point of contact and valuable source of information for your colleagues in Business Intelligence, Operations and Business Development
- To review the transactional financial data and ensure the completeness and accuracy of this information before it is sent out to investors
- To be responsible for ensuring the internal and external reporting duties are in line and monitor the activity
- To ensure reconciliation between our service providers and follow through on differences
- To analyse the performance of our originator’s portfolio data and monitor underlying cash flows
- To assist with the year-end audit process
- To ensure all work delivered is of an appropriate quality, particularly when it is being provided to third parties
Who are we
CrossLend is a digital debt marketplace with a mission to make the European lending and investment ecosystem more efficient, transparent and profitable.
By means of an innovative securitisation solution, CrossLend seamlessly connects originator supply with institutional investor demand, creating uniquely flexible, beneficial opportunities for both. With lenders empowered to lend more and investors able to deploy their capital more efficiently, liquidity is available to flow where it is needed, helping fund Europe’s real economy: a win-win-win situation for all.
Backed by an array of prestigious equity investors from Europe and the U.S., including Lakestar, CME Ventures, Earlybird, ABN AMRO’s Digital Impact Fund, solarisBank and the Luxembourg Future Fund, CrossLend plans to establish a European Debt Exchange.